6 days 5 nights
Destinations: Luang Prabang - Kuang Si Waterfalls - Vientiane - Buddha Park
Day 1: Luang Prabang
You and your family will arrive at the spiritual capital of Laos and will settle down adopting their relaxed rhythm. In the afternoon, you will walk along the banks of its two rivers or you will discover some of the many temples scattered throughout the city. As there is very little traffic, one can easily move on the streets with children. At dusk, you can take a guided tour of an hour in the bustling night market, taste the local cuisine and buy handicrafts.
Day 2: Luang Prabang (breakfast, lunch)
You will start your children in the Buddhist culture by visiting the temples Wat Xieng Thong and Wat Mai. You can see in particular the monks with saffron robes doing their daily tasks. You will also discover the old Royal Palace, now the National Museum, with its rooms adorned with unique cultural and religious artifacts. Then climb the 328 steps of Mount Phousi to the top to enjoy the splendid panorama of the river city and its surroundings. You will also participate in a baci ceremony, during which they will tie a white cotton cord to one of their dolls to bring them luck.
Day 3: Luang Prabang - Organic farm - Handicraft center - Kuang Si (breakfast, lunch)
You will become farmers for a few hours in a social company promoting organic rice, participating in daily tasks. With the experience of the plow, your children will realize that agricultural work is hard and delivered. Then at the Crafts Center, you will discover some textiles and how to work with craftsmen who weave with traditional machines. Then the whole family will bathe in the refreshing turquoise pools of the Kuang Si waterfall. The day will conclude with the visit of the center of protection of bears of coarse fur, that the children will find very beautiful.
Day 4: Luang Prabang - Elephant farm (breakfast, lunch)
Prepare to spend a nice day in the company of the elephants, learning how to deal with such gentle giants. After a quick course to learn how to ride them, you and your family will make a tour on their backs along a forest trail to a river. You will have a refreshing experience, both wild and fun, of wildlife with elephants bathing ... and transforming their trunks into water pistols. Then, you will board a boat to access the nearby Tad Sae waterfall where you can swim again.
Day 5: Luang Prabang - Vientiane (breakfast)
You will fly to the dormant Laotian capital, and after registering at the hotel, you will start the tour with your family. You will first visit the Wat Sisaket, the oldest monastery in Vientiane, with its thousands of Buddha statues. Then stop at Hor Pha Ke, a museum whose history was hectic, and then discover Pha That Luang. After this national symbol, with its golden stupa, you will also know the Patouxai, an arch of triumph inherited from colonial France.
Day 6: Vientiane - Buddha Park (breakfast)
Your children will be entertained a lot discovering the amazing and enigmatic statues of the Buddhas park located only 25 kilometers from Vientiane. The site originates from the eccentric idea of the monk Luang Pu Bunleua Sulilat, a very mystical shaman of Hinduism and Buddhism. They will take a look at the skeletal Buddhas in particular, and about a giant pumpkin with a demon head. Nor should you miss the immense reclining Buddha and its 40 meters long, or the Shiva waving swords with eight menacing arms. Then, they will spend the rest of the day as you decide before being transferred to Vientiane International Airport.
- The family atmosphere of Luang Prabang, with its world cultural heritage sites.
- The monks, their daily routines, and the presentation of the Buddhist culture accessible to children.
- The baci ceremony, attaching a cotton cord to your wrist that gives good luck.
- The immersion of their neighbors in the local culture through agricultural and craft activities.
- The fog in one of the most spectacular natural attractions in Asia, the waterfalls of Kuang Si.
- The visit of a bear protection center.
- Caring for the elephants, bathing them and assembling them for an exciting journey.
- Sleeping Vientiane, with its monuments and testimonies of the French colonial past.
- The strange statues of Buddha Park.
- Accommodations carefully selected, including breakfast.
- Other meals indicated in the program.
- Local Spanish-speaking or English-speaking guide with experience.
- Tours mentioned and transfers in private vehicle with air conditioning.
- Cruises and scheduled trips.
- Admission expenses to the sites included in the circuit.
- All travel insurance
- All services not mentioned above
- Tips and personal expenses